Re: [Amc-list] '63 Ambo questions

> From: Victor the Cleaner <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [Amc-list] '63 Ambo questions
> To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Friday, December 19, 2008, 10:32 AM
> In my continuing effort to achieve a quickie rehabilitation
> of this ride...
>
> 3. Has anyone ever come up with a modern replacement for
> the block heater
> for the 287/327 (2" hole), or am I stuck buying NOS?

I live in CA now, but spent four years in Alaska and four years in Colorado.  You could check to see what type of generic heater would fit your engine, but we used to use cannister type heaters which mounted inline in a heater hose for the really cold weather in Alaska.  I would think that if you use synthetic oil, say 5-W30 in the winter you would not need to heat the engine.  It should start cold just fine with a good battery and good electrical connections.  Joe Fulton