Re: [Amc-list] Adding air conditioning to '69 Javelin

Re: [Amc-list] Adding air conditioning to '69 Javelin

Armand can point you to all the fun of getting the dash out to do A/C :)

Disc brakes are a piece of cake, well a little more than that, but very well covered in the archives and elsewhere.

Do you have a hankering for big shiney blingey brakes or used os new but normal sized?

Big is a little more money. several makers of those I'm brain farting here.... Aero sumpin or other has stuff for AMCs IIRC?

Used can be gotten from any 2wd non Eagle, AMC, 82-83 Concord is best IMHO, get it from the upright out. Spindle unboltes with 4 bolts, get it all including bolts.
Inspect and rebuild to suit your tastes and safety concerns and install.  Pull the pressure check valve from the master from behine the brake line seat and bleed.  It tale slonger to accomplish an dyou may ned to install an adjustable metering valve in the rear brake line to fine tune things, but that is the readers digest condensed version!

For a "new" non blingey set, search out Scarebird on Ebay, perhaps he has a website now? Anyway, he has kits to install what is typically Ford Ranger stuff on the AMC drum spindle. No junkyard scrounging required!

Theres a little work involved but well worth any of the above choices. You won't regret it once it is sorted out!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: "tbsilvey@xxxxxxxx" <tbsilvey@xxxxxxxx>