Re: [Amc-list] Big Three Bailout (was Interesting article)

Re: [Amc-list] Big Three Bailout (was Interesting article)

There's another reason that SS is having issues.  It was designed in the
thirties, when the average lifespan was about 55 for men.  Everybody would
pay in a small amount that would be sufficient for the retirement of the few
that lived past 65.  Increasing lifespan has created a much larger group of
retirees than the system was designed to handle.  Some adjustments have been
made, but there's still less money coming in than what is being paid out.

Todd