Re: [Amc-list] 4x4 to 2x4 trans conversion

Re: [Amc-list] 4x4 to 2x4 trans conversion

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" []
" 80 up to be sure you get a lockup model, but, beware, many or the
" lockups have been disabled in hill country!
" There was a spring and piston servo that controlled lockup. Remove
" the spring and replace with a stack of washers disables the lock up
" IIRC. We did TONS of them! The lockup would shudder at about 45mph
" and in the hilly terain around here it was the customers perference
" they be done away with!

there used to be a spring kit that moved lockup higher, to 55mph.  it
was a performance mod.