Re: [Amc-list] Gen3 V8 distributors

> " > "do the 'tfi tuneup'..."

I concur. In fact, I think the distributor upgrade is more important
than the coil (HV) upgrade -- reliability. You can buy a rebuilt distrib
(then take it all the way apart and lube it before install -- they
rarely do a jood job and I had one all stiff because the lube/rebuild
was OLD!). The $11 Wells control box seems fine (I use 'em). Reliable
spark at 4000 rpm, no points!

Then later you can pop for a fancy coil, or go with a junkyard Ford
"TFI" coil. YOu can buy a new connector for it at NAPA>