Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

Sandwich Maker wrote:

> idle thought: how hard would it be to add timing curves for an ecm
> controlled hei dist?  not for the 196 of course; 199/232/258 only.

EASY. I forgot, when Mark talked about the is-it-all-worth it, to
mention this. Yeah, THAT would be a huge payback and I plan on doing
exactly that. I've had a bear of a time fighting ping and aggressive
spark advance needed for power and efficiency.

But not for the 232 only! I forgot to say, I really want to control
spark for the 195.6. It's a huge untapped area of free power (OK by huge
  I mean tiny... :-) Seriously, the motor is way under-timed.

My current scheme is lousy, though better than stock. I've upped
mechanical and vaccum advance a lot, all tuned for highway light cruise,
and it's fine there. But it bucks from too much advance and very light
throttle low speed.

BTW, this motor WILL NOT ping. It detonates, for sure, but it does not
make that pinging noise. I heard that only once in the year (is it two?)
I've driven it, and I'm really pushing spark. Compression is 7.8:1. With
too much advance it bucks, clearly between there and "correct" is some
detonation, but how to detect it!?