Re: [Amc-list] TBI fuel injection tuning...

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hmmm, I wonder if the 196 does so well because of it's crappy old motor design [your words member?]
>
> The mix just kind of wallows around in there till it falls into a cylinder.

These days, you could stick a camera chip and a 5 watt white LED in
there and actually WATCH the mixture! Wow, that would be an interesting
movie...

Hmmm, on second thought that's not entirely insane. You could make a
generic-ish device that you could place down the carb hole, but run the
able to through a spare tapped plug, plenty of those on manifolds. Need
a good frame rate. Though the camera itself would intefere with flow...

> On the late model you have a few good cylinders.
>
> Perhaps on the 196 there are none at all?!
> Making it equal from cyl to cyl?

I think you nailed it! :-)

Seriously though, it's probably the induction time caused by the long
stroke, low speed and likely good velocity through the trough. It's not
a winning design for the present, but it does what it does, very well.

I think the bottom line is, TBI will be good enough for it.

I'll have to ponder on this, all the factors transport time is affected
by. At least cyl to cyl fuel distribution isn't such a factor.