Re: [Amc-list] New exhaust!

Frank Swygert wrote:
> I'm with Mark! You could always use a bit of that flex or bendable pipe to make your own over the axle tail pipe.

Oh it's not really objectionable, just a bit too loud. It does sound
nice though! ANd the shorty appeals to me for it's chassis simplicity.

This car had a replacement exhaust, not factory, and it was probably
1.75", but a zillion bends. It was probably a lot more free-flowing than
the factory soda straw.

With only about 5 or 6 feet total length of 2" and a turbo muffler, this
little thing might as well have open headers, as far a flow goes.

With my fun and success with the TBI I'm thinking I need to move a
little faster on the new motor, and I'm back to thinking of a turbo,
with a silly-seeming 2 - 4psi. But that will gain 20% hp on paper with
torque peak at 2500rpm.

The block will definitely go to a shop, and not my local one. My idea is
to find someone not a chevy-head and pay them to simply look it over and
tell me what they think about the block, and the head sealing issue.
Seems like $100 or so spent on advice could be a huge advantage. Wish I
knew someone down here that was AMC friendly or at least brand agnostic.