Re: [Amc-list] 390 vs. 401 crank casting numbers

From: Nick ALFANO <71amx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Anytime you change out parts like pistons, rods, cranks... in an
engine build, you should always re-balance the rotating assembly.

This is so true!  I know the rambler mentality is to avoid any extra
cost, but this is one time to really fight it!

When the engine is already torn down, balancing isn't a big extra.  In
return, you get longer life, and more importantly, assurance that
everything you've done, and everything every earlier owner has done,
is correct.  My 390 came equipped with an I-6 flywheel, but I didn't
know that at the time.  Balancing found the problem before the engine
was in the car, when it was easy to fix, and before it had done any
damage....

Cheers,   Dave