Re: [Amc-list] XJ project

" From: "Dan Strohl" <DStrohl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" Mark-
" I had a 96 XJ for a while.
" []
" And I kept having problems with my t-case; it
" was still an NP231, but it and the AW4 apparently have a different
" mating method than the earlier AW4 and NP231, so a 95-earlier NP231
" won't bolt up to a 96-later AW4 and vice versa.

maybe that's the year they switched from 21 to 23 spline output?