[Amc-list] XJ project

So, my kid has been drooling over Talons, close to AMC, at least it carries the Eagle name.
Anyway, he saw a 96 base model and we stopped to look at it and then spied a 96 XJ Cherokee Classic in the back row, that appears to be rust free, has the full set of Grizzley wheels, windshield is tagged "runs, mechanics special" $250!
   Now my kid wants me to go with him and talk to the guy and see what all it really needs or may need to make a college students beater, or fixer upper. I know my way around htese things pretty darned good, so that's not a problem. Engine, not a problem, got the heart of a stroker at the house now! Could toss a reringed 4.0L in it also if I chose to save the stroker.
   What I do not have and want to see about is.
Does anyone have a GOOD AW4?  I know they live a very long time, but would like to know going in to talk to the guy if anyone on one of my lists here has one or knows where one sits for a respectable price. My sons first vehicle if we buy it and I will be making him pay for repairs. It's a learning experience don't ya know!

   Anyway, I may buy it myself just for spectulation as it looks really, really solid and rust free!
I know I can recoup $250 for it easy.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV