Re: [Amc-list] A toy for Traveller (camper time!)

Sandwich Maker wrote:

> don't forget its frontal area!  probably a good bit more than the
> boat...

OH YEAH!!! My friends David and Terry just bought a Prius (OK, boo,
hiss, etc, but they have two kids, blah blah) and hauled a G.P. type
trailer to Burning Man this past AUgust. Not heavy, just broad.

Since the Prius has all that technology, he was able to gain nearly 5
MPG improvement by building a streamline nose for the trailer. David's
one of those scary tech types (he does microwave radio teloscopy for a
living, and watches on the side http://www.cathodecorner.com/ )

I could ask if he has any pictures of it. I saw it, just don't remember
details... but it was just a curved sheet affixed, horizontally, top and
bottom. No complex airfoil design, just a curve.

I should probably put one on mine!