Re: [Amc-list] scavenging in a stock exhaust system?

Re: [Amc-list] scavenging in a stock exhaust system?

Frank Swygert wrote:

Welp, the rust under my car has an OD of 1.75". (The stock ceramic
system that I saw under that American in the 'yard a few months back
could not have been larger than 1.5" -- it was TINY!)

I guess I'm going with a Dynomax Performance 17703, 2" in and out. A
"turbo" muffler. (Is that like that "turbo" button that used to be on
the front of PC computers?)

I've got a Summit on the Hornet. This thing is smaller. The Summit was
chambered; I assume this one is a perforated pipe? Isn't that what
"turbo" mufflers usually are?

 > The 54 or so Nash
> Statesman with the LeMans option had a 2x1V head, glass pack, and
> resonator from the factory (196 L-head).

I know I'd regret the Cherry Bomb! And I've never used a resonator
system, wouldn't know where to begin, and there's not a lot of room
under there! Please R.M.

But that LeMans sounds interesting, I think I should go look it up...!