[Amc-list] 67 Ambassador convertible is finally in the pain shop!

[Amc-list] 67 Ambassador convertible is finally in the pain shop!

YeeHaa!Finally after owning my 1967 Ambassador DPL convertible for 6 years it's finally in the body/paint shop!! I got the mechanicals done several years ago. Have been driving it with a primered hood,faded out Matador Red paint, little rust around the rear wheel openings.When we ground off  the bubbling at the rear wheel openings i was pleasantly suprised !! It is not as bad as first anticipated! Am replacing one front fender(BAD bondo job from accident MANYYYY MANYYYY years ago), also replacing one door due to damage from the previous owner hitting his trailer with it while loading it? Trunk lid was rusted out underneath the lip. My "new" hood,trunk lid,bumpers,grille, all came from New Mexico about 5 years ago!I was there on vacation and went to an AWESOME closed down junkyard! I felt like a kid in a candy store!!  My 1/4 panel repair sections were bought off a car in Calif several years ago.Anyway,so far so good!! I'm thinking of adding sub-frame
 connectors just to reinforce it!! It has NO body sag, NO floor/rocker panel rust..etc!! BUT thought it would be a good idea since the unit body metal is probably getting slight metal fatigue? Any thoughts on this? I'm never getting rid of this car. Love driving it.Drives/rides very nicely, except for those manual drum brakes! I have a re-manufactured booster assemby i'm going to install so i won't need my anchor anymore!  Always get asked.....WHAT is that? Then..What's an Ambassador/WHO made that?? Then...Is it a Galaxie/Fairlane...Oldsmobile?...I even was asked this summer if it was an  GTO or Lemans??? That one really made me smile,HaHaHa! Thanks,Joe