Re: [Amc-list] roller lifters/cams for a 6 cylinder

Re: [Amc-list] roller lifters/cams for a 6 cylinder

The problem that occured when the strokers group tried to do this was that the cam blanks had to be purchased raw, then the buyer had to have them machined.
  No bolt in roller lifters exist though the Crane retrofits are close enough they acn be fitted if new side bars are made. The also appeared to work if the existing bar is slotted so that an end is open IIRC.
  Once the final bill was tallied it was questtimated that the total cost at that time was going to be at $1200 range.
They needed 5 blanks to get an order I believe they got 3 100% for sures and a maybe.
   Crane was contacted at the time this was all looked into. They were actually contacted first IIRC and they told the group NO. They said they woudl grind a blank, but did not want to foot the bill for it's development. I coul dbe wrong on the order of events.

    Nick,
   The design work has been done for these blanks. I'm sure we can get the info as to who did it etc; off of the guys over at Jeepstrokers.com.
    Probably still get the 3-4 guys who originally signed up for one back on board too. Especially if Crane is now willing to step up for the blanks and sell ready to run cams.

   I keep finding stuff on evilbay and the pile keeps getting larger.
 Yes, I want a roller lifter cam.
I amy even be ready to buy one by spring for the stroker, but I ain't making any promises right now.

  On Friday a cutpile carpet came up on ebay for the 67-69 2dr American in the dark gray color I was going to order for it!
$85 plus $16 for shipping.  I thunked on it all weekend before buying it this morning. I could not pass it up. The rubber mat is falling apart in the American after all these years.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>