Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 73

Re: [Amc-list] Amc-list Digest, Vol 22, Issue 73

>date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 14:58:31 -0700
>From: Tom Jennings <tomj@xxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Amc-list] Things to do with beer can cylinders
>To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

>SNIP
>This past week I decided to drop to 55 - 60mph, emphasis on 15 inches
>vacuum.

>Woo woo! 26 mpg! (280 miles, 10.7gal) OK so now I know how they ran the
>Mobil Economy Runs. "Normal highways speeds" in 1960, not 2008... I'm on
>4-lane LA freeways with V8 Lexi and buzzy Toyotas doing 80 in lane 1,
>not the Lincoln Highway through Ohio. We'll see if this is a new
>constant or if it's a fluke.

I did that experiment with my truck(2002 Ram 4.7 auto) not long ago.

At 50mph for ~40 miles I registered 23.1mpg at 55mph it was 23.3mpg.

Interstate driving with cruise control, light traffic.  Mileage by computer.

I was waiting for the State Patrol to stop me but they didn't.

Peter Marano

Kenosha WI