Re: [Amc-list] T-96... again!

Frank Swygert wrote:
> Tom, I was just thinking.... if you try to shift that thing too
> quickly it will go into gear with a mild crunch. The synchro hasn't
> quite got the gears all meshed just yet and...

Well that would be jsut great! It could have been just that.

Yeah, and the juice in it (Royal Purple 85w90) is about as hot and thin
as it gets, after a long drive.

 > Otherwise
> it's just one of those times your mind was on something else (while
> driving? you, think of some other mental/mechanical problem while
> behind the wheel? tell me it ain't so!!! ;> ) and you either pulled
> hte shifter back a little faster/harder than you typically do or you
> didn't have the clutch in quite as far as you normally do.

I love it when I screw up, because that's the easiest thing to fix! I am
at maximum-paranoid with this gearbox, as you can imagine. If theres no
problem I'll be freakin thrilled, believe me.