From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx <Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] 304 head swap
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, October 16, 2008, 9:53 AM

Bruce is right on the money on this.
I've seen the results of big valves in small motors. I knocks the crap out
of your bottom end.
I doubt they are what you want in a torque motor for a Fullsize 80's Grand
Cherokee.
   You might wan to consider finding the good 304 heads and have them worked
with small valves and stems etc; It would keep the velocity up and help torque.

I don't remember what you said the heads were originally ported for, but
seats and smaller valves may not be enough to do the trick.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: "Bruce Hevner" <scramblr@xxxxxxxxxxx>