Re: [Amc-list] [strokers] A stroker for me...someday!

Re: [Amc-list] [strokers] A stroker for me...someday!

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
"
"  []
"
"
" Recipe is a very clean standard bore block I have been sitting on for
" quite some time.
" 1973 12 weight 4.2L crank, 60K on it and it is perfect!
" 1972 4.2L rods, same motor also perfect! The bearings were mint when
" it came apart silver and scratch free the whole way around and across!
"
" What I have to decide on now is
" Rings? being the block will be honed and cleaned but not bored is
" there one particular ring that will work better than others?

dunno this

" Cam? That one is a tough one, do I want to stick to a stock stick?
" aftermarket? I got some thinking on this one... It's going in my 69
" American, maybe.

for a lowbuck i'd stick with the stock cam if there isn't anything
wrong with it.  at least one fellow is running an '80s 258 cam without
pinging and the 4.0 cam is a bit more radical.

" The head is a standard favorite casting [forget the number] from a
" 91-95, it  has been cleaned up and ported but no major stuff done. I
" may use this as time to get a professional three or more angle valve
" job done.

#7120.  how much have you done on the chambers?  i'd generally smooth
them, and lay the head gasket on in the head and smooth the edges
where it doesn't cover them, to lower octane requirement.  add colder
plugs like champ rc9s and you might even be able to advance the cam
back to 'renix' marks.

note: the 2.5 runs zero deck and 9.2:1 c/r.  dunno how the cam
compares to the 4.0 but i believe it's essentially the same.

" My other questions are since this will be a true lowbuck stroker
" build, should I deck the block 010-020" while it's down?
" My twisted side is considering decking to zero the pistons and running
" it on E85.

doesn't sound very lowbuck!  i'd deck it only what it needs.