From: Matt Haas <mhaas@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] LPG 258
To: "AMC/Rambler owners, drivers and fans." <amc-list@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, October 7, 2008, 8:10 PM

So what you are saying is that the cylinder pressure is higher because
you can get more air into the cylinder to compress, correct? I honestly
do understand that and it's why turbo and super chargers make more power
  but you still haven't altered the size of the cylinder so the
compression ratio hasn't changed.

Matt

On 10/7/2008 11:24 AM, Jim Blair spouted this sage advice:
> While you aren't changing the static compression, you are increasing
the efficiency of the motor to draw that in which is what increases it's
potential and at the same time, if you pumped the motor before and after a 4.0L
head swap, the compression would be slightly higher. The port and intake
restriction of the 4.2L creates a blockage.

> Jim Blair, Lynnwood, WA '87 Comanche, '83 Jeep J10, '84 Jeep
J10

--
mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH