Re: [Amc-list] T5z

FYI, here's basic dimensions of the Ford T-5 trans and a very brief summary.

http://www.britishv8.org/Articles/Ford-Transmission-Options.htm

I remain unconfident about my T-96 (for no good reason) and picture a
T-5 in there. The non-WC trans would be fine, and in fact better for the
lower-power swaps, because first gear ratio is closer to stock AMC
firsts, though it's got a steeper overdrive (.63 instead of .7) but
that's not a deal killer.

Now that I disassembled my "spare" T-96+OD for parts, I'll have to crawl
under the car to take measurements. The two worries, besides will it fit
under the hump, are distance from mounting flange to shifter and "rise"
from input shaft centerline to where the shifter appears through the
floor. (Then there's mounting, speedo, parking brake cable, ...)