Re: [Amc-list] LPG 258

" From: Brien Tourville <hh7x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" []
"
" If the new incoming Administration offers incentives for converting
" to LPG / NG , and can twist the Gas Station Owners collective to provide
" LPG pumps next to the Gasoline as some stations do now - I'd wager
" this then is where we're headed for vehicle fueling - in the not too
" distant Future.

this is a big if...  otoh it looks like lpg injection would pay for
itself in 2 years even without subsidies.

" As to Fuel Cells:
"
" The first functioning Fuel Cell that GE originally had a contract to
" market ran on Natural Gas.

it still emits co2, and worse - the carbon is -wasted-.  afaik there
is no fuel cell tech that productively uses anything but hydrogen.

it's possible this fuel cell is still more efficient than internal
combustion or even soemthing like a stirling engine.

" []
"
" NG can be used to power the motor - but - NG handling / fueling
" is not as easy as LPG nor are the Fuel Tanks as less demanding
" since NG requires crazy pressure levels - which is why Pickens
" did not push NG for other than Heavy Trucking & Fleet.

ng tanks are like scuba tanks, very heavy and holding relatively
little, since ng cannot be liquified at any pressure without
way-subzero refrigeration.  lpg liquifies at under 100psi even in very
hot weather.

imho ng is best for stationary situations where you can hook up to the
pipeline and storage is not an issue.