Re: [Amc-list] LPG 258

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Leave it to the penny pinching S.O.B's to F**k up a good thing!
> The only things LPG has going for it is high octane and availibility in the ground.
> They have F**k up one of those and the second doesn't do any good without the infrastructure to allow people to fuel up easility on a regular basis.

Yeah, but basically NOBODY drives LPG vehicles except fleets. With rare
exceptions, my propane rambler was the ONLY propane passenger car most
fill stations had EVER seen, even old timers.

BBQs and home-heating are like 98% (really) of the LPG market, and there
it's just an open flame.

The only class of vehicle that really cares is fleets, I dunno what they
do, but the newer stuff is probably injected. And with computerized
antiknock, who cares? (Fleet delivery, not drag racing)

Then there's farmers with 100 gallon tanks in their pickups. But those,
and most fleet vehicles, are just conversions, so the compression is
stock (low) and don't care, and all that octane was wasted anyhoo.

I doubt there's 1000 people in the entire U.S. that would notice or care
if LPG is 130 octane or 95 octane.