[Amc-list] Please vote for the Purple Pacer

[Amc-list] Please vote for the Purple Pacer

Hi Guys,

I am sure some of you have heard from me already about Anna Beth's purple Pacer in the Texaco contest.

If you haven't, I am asking you to please vote for her.   Her Pacer the ONLY AMC in the entire contest, and voting ends 10-3-08! (this Friday at 7 PM EST)

Currently, a 1972 Mustang survivor and a Charger are in the lead.  The Ford, Mopar and Chevy guys have it easy, as you know, when it comes to building their cars.  If they want a new part, they just write a check.

We AMC guys have to have at least 6 parts cars, 10 different blogs and forums, and evilBay to find an NOS or decent used part to make do on our AMCs...  ... AND WE LIKE IT THAT WAY!  : )  AMC's should get more respect because of that hardship.  Aftermarket parts are mostly all made in China anyway, and who wants parts made in China on their car anyway?

After all, it's 'AMERICAN MOTORS CORPORATION', RIGHT!?

Why did I build a Pacer?

 In the beginning, I really didn't expect to fall in love with Pacers, I just wanted a cheap, small, car to make a drag race car out of.  I bought a clean and running, 10 year old, rust-free Pacer for $300!

1987.  Stripped of all but the essentials, still had stock engine.  Was surprisingly quick after the crash diet!
At the time I had no remorse for gutting a clean, 10-year old Pacer.  I threw away a lot of good parts!
I raced it for 8 years and won often.  It was a valuable learning experience.
But after the thrill of speed faded, guilt started to set in.

10 second 1/4 mile at 125 MPH.

After I sold my Pacer race car, I missed it and started wanting another Pacer, partly because I had gutted the race car and felt guilty, and I thought if I built a nice one it would relieve my guilt for gutting a Pacer just to make a race car.  Friends have said I over-compensated.   And my daughter wanted one as her first car, so it was done.

Anna Beth at 4, at time of sale, and 16 at time of joy.

She wanted her senior portraits with her car.  Can you blame her?

It took me years to collect enough cars and parts to build the Pacer for my daughter.  I want to thank everyone who helped out.  I also have to thank the Yahoo Strokers group for their invaluable help with the engine for the Pacer!  My complete thank-you list is on MoPacer.com.

Hot Rod put the Pacer in their pages

Anna Beth also posted the car on cardomain.com.

Here is her web site... www.Mopacer.com

Here are a lot of images of the build.

Some videos too.

I love these cars.

You have to register to vote.  Your vote can be ten points (if you rank the car a '10')  So it doesn't take a lot of votes to make a difference.

The voting ends Friday and I hear that confirmation emails sent to registrants are getting caught in spam filter.

Please tell all of your friends.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
Harrel Lamkin
Lamkin Automotive
911 East Georgia Ave
Ruston, LA 71270
318-255-8350
Since 1980 - 'The little shop with big ideas.'