Re: [Amc-list] Moates' APU1 "AutoPROM" system.... for OBD1

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You have the knowledge to pull the programming off.
> You've burnt chips before.

Eh, it'll probably screw me up! Basically it's 'run this program and
follow instructions' and I often screw up the last part.

> Be way simpler than shipping proms etc;

Howell wants $200, but will do as many iterations as it takes. Not
really an unfair price. There's others that'll do it for $50. But you
gotta collect the data in the first place for both. Since THAT takes
$400 of gear....

> After you set up a 196 you can do a little side business I'm sure.

Yeah, the entire world market for 195.6OHV conversions is mine! All nine
of them!

I did daydream something like that, but I think the reality is that
owners of such things don't like drilling 2" holes in firewalls, adding
wiring harnesses, and figuring out linkage issues.

But a throttle body made out of an actual YF (more or less), and
connectoring that would let the cable pass through a small(er) hole, ...
   there are a lot of cars with YF-type carb bases.