Re: [Amc-list] 232 I6 exhaust to intake manifold studs?

Re: [Amc-list] 232 I6 exhaust to intake manifold studs?

Mike,

Those are 3/8" diameter of various lengths. They are pretty common sizes
so any auto parts store with a decent hardware selection will be able to
supply them. The side that goes into the casting is course thread and
the nut side is fine thread. Make sure you buy new nuts and lock washers
and run a thread cleaning tap in all of the castings. It would also be a
good idea to replace the bolts while its all apart since they fatigue
over time and will fall out.

Matt

On 9/20/2008 4:55 PM, Mike Kindle spouted this sage advice:
> What are the sizes and where can I find the studs that screw into the exhaust manifold and hold the intake and carb to it.  I think the bottom threads are coarse and the top ones fine and they tend to break.  I need to dig the old broken ones out of a manifold I want to reuse.
> Thanks,
> Mike

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH