Re: [Amc-list] ot:first attempt at drag racing

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Lay out all the stuff you got.
> Place it in front of the very clean car/truck.
> Take lots of pics.
> Place adds on evilebay/craigslist.
> Put profits into Ramblers....

Yeah, I think that's actually good advice. No srsly. Besides the fact
that AMC/Ramblers are more interesting, and often much better designed,
there's the fact that spreading yourself thin you'll spend more and get
less done and have less fun.

Sell that ford stuff and build an AMC motor! There's lots of engine
advice (and parts sources :-) right here on this list... and if you want
to be a wierdo, clone Navarro's six, and turbo the snot out of an AMC
six. If Navarro got 550hp from a carburetted 181ci you could do 500
today from an EFI turbo six for a hell of a lot less money than that
ford stuff -- the bottom end is already DONE for 500 hp from the factory
-- dead stock. Put all the money in the head and turbo!

Imagine the embarrassment of all those street-prepped 350's being killed
with a rambler ... six!

> I took today off for no reason other than I wanted to.
> Feels good!
> Going to go weld something in a bit.

 >cough cough< mental health day, eh? A whole day of puttering with the
phone off is a refreshing luxury!