[Amc-list] huricane ike

>anyone heard from eddie post-storm?  how's he doing?

my sister lives about 40-50 miles or so north of houston. conroe tx. today, she called. cell phones are back up as normal, power is back up, and she got internet back up today. hella fast if you ask me compared to last monday they said 6-8 weeks before power....

hope to hear from eddie soon... and hope other people are smart enough to figure out how to survive. lol. some of the things my sis tells me about the people down there. pretty funny. she was well prepared and runs a pretty well known pet resort. they had about 100 dogs dropped off there so their owners could flee the storm. so her and the owner and a COUPLE employees stayed to take care of all the dogs. they were all set. generator that would run for 30 hours on a fill up, and i guess about 3 weeks worth of gas ready to go. food for 2 months for all. ok, no one cares now... lol. im just glad things are gettin back to normal quick for some people.

dave stohler
my rambler pics@
http://picasaweb.google.com/das24rules