-----------
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:10:28 -0400 (EDT)
From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: Frank Swygert <farna@xxxxxxx>
"
" I just wonder if butanol can be derived from natural gas? Hydrogen is
" derived from natural gas now, as that's more efficient than "cracking"
" water molecules (see the Honda Hydrogen car site... search on the
" net). Natural gas isn't a real efficient mobile fuel source, but
" changing it into something better might be a good idea -- the US
" supposedly has large natural gas reserves...

sure, it -could- be made from natural gas, but i think a biogenic
source would be a better overall goal.  save that gas for fixed uses
like home heat and cooking!

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"