Re: [Amc-list] Canned Ham

That would be very cool! I think the vintage Shasta Compact comes in
at 1200-1500 pounds. Not bad at all. I like vintage, too - and had
started checking out Shastas. It would be a lot of fun. I'm no where
near ready to pop for a camper. My wife can not camp, she has muscular
dystrophy and would have issues. I tent camp a few weekends a year
with my youngest son, but am not sure I could justify a camper.

An inexpensive, vintage tent camper would probably be okay. If I went
for a bigger camper, I'd want to make it handicap accessible. That's a
different subject for a different day.

I know I'm getting off track - but I thought something like this:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=160278713931

Or this:
(the ad): http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380060847994
(and a real one):
http://houston.craigslist.org/rvs/809772015.html

would be pretty cool, better than sleeping on the ground, lightweight
and vintage! And a place to toss in the dutch oven, camp chairs and
camping gear!

I like this, but it might be too heavy:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=320294348076

Okay, getting back on track - coupling a Shasta Compact and a wagon
would be very cool! I'd love to see that at a car show. Heck - it
would be pretty cool to have a vintage car and vintage camper meetup.

Here's the challenge - any east coasters or central staters want to
plan towards a meetup by St Joe Peninsula state park in Florida after
school lets out next year? My wife, two of my kids and I just got back
from renting a house at Indian Pass on the gulf. It's on the
"Forgotten Coast" - right near Mexico Beach, Cape San Blas (Port St
Joe Peninsula) and Apalachicola.

So - any AMC folks or camping folks want to put together a camper and
meetup on the Gulf for fresh bay oysters, fresh bay scallops and
shrimp right off the boat?

Here's pics from Indian Pass (where we rented a house), Cape San Blas
(scooter pics and remote beach and trail pics) and Apalachicola (boat
pics).
http://picasaweb.google.com/bruce.griffis/FloridaVacation#

And here's just the state park pics from a few years ago:
http://www.dotphoto.com/Go.asp?l=callmebruce&P=&AID=1954157&GID=830058&T=1

Bruce