Re: [Amc-list] electric choke and intake question

Re: [Amc-list] electric choke and intake question

Electric choke gets 12 volts when the engine is running and a bimetallic strip
will heat up and open the choke. You could just wire it to a source that is hot
when the key is on but a better idea is what the factory does. Power to the
choke is run through a switch in the oil pressure sender so that the power is
applied only when there is oil pressure. That way if you have the key on and the
engine Not running, the choke won't open.

Intake should lift up and off. Might be stuck to the engine though.

Ken