Re: [Amc-list] where'd everyone go?

Personally, since I'm an amateur mechanic and I'm basically lazy I'd start the car and let it idle in Park and start jiggling wires under the dash and under the hood to see if I could recreate the "cut-out" condition you have experienced on the road.  Also, you should check the ignition switch by turning the key very slowly to the ignition off position with the engine running.  I think that if the ignition shuts off significantly before the switch actually "clicks" into the off position, you can assume that your switch is defective.  You might do a google search to see if you can confirm that diagnostic step but I think Ray Bohacz (columnist and mechanic) mentioned that in a Hemmings article in the last few months.  Just amateur advice here.  You will not receive an invoice.  Good luck, Joe Fulton