Re: [Amc-list] 65 Rambler Stuff

On 9/3/2008 5:56 PM, Joe Fulton spouted this sage advice:
<snip>
> I need to pull the heater box tonight and bead blast and paint the blower motor.  Same for the wiper motor (vacuum motor) that came off earlier.  I'll probably need to replace the foam gaskets on the heater core and box.  Kudos to Matt for getting the 67-later gaskets made at DMT.  I may try to use a set of that material since the 64-66 gaskets are reportedly not ready yet.
</snip>

I think most of the foam will work for the earlier boxes. The blower
motor to heater box gasket is quite a bit different. In case you missed
it earlier, there are a bunch of pictures at
http://theamcforum.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4445.

If you've never had a blower motor apart,
http://www.mattsoldcars.com/RestoreAmerican/heater_box02.shtml and
http://www.mattsoldcars.com/RestoreAmerican/heater_box07.shtml will help.

Let me know if you need any of the hardware. I had to buy bulk and I'm
lousy with it (I don't have any bulb rivets left but I have plenty of
everything else).

Matt
--
mhaas@xxxxxxx