Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 20:34:42 -0700
From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Amc-list] Shop Recommendation

What were the ratios in an '83 J10?

From: adh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Sandwich Maker)

" From: Jim Blair <carnuck@xxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" If someone is looking to do this swap, I have a parts AMC Jeep T5
" (was run low on oil so synchros are stuck) along with the clutch,
" flywheel (6 cyl) and bellhousing for $100. I surmise you only need
" to swap the Jeep T5 input into brand X 2wd T5 for it to work?

i don't think so.  input gears vary by gearset and afaik ford never
used the jeep ratios, though gm did in s10s at least.  but gm cases
have the gm bolt pattern - at least up to '93; in '94-5 gm switched to
the ford case.

hmmm...  maybe it -would- work, with a '94-5 2wd s10 tranny...

but if the op is putting a t5 into a javelin or amx that probably
means he wants performance along with the o/d, and that would point
towards a mustang 5.0 t5.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"