Re: [Amc-list] Saving for a 196 rebuild (maybe)

Re: [Amc-list] Saving for a 196 rebuild (maybe)

I knew it could tak eover .0100" I just didn't know where they stopped making pistons at.
I recall as a teenager my dad talking about one that had been opened up past .0100".
I remember they said it ran well compared to stock.
They actually seemed quite impressed.
With a long stroke engine adding cubic inches is actually noticeable, when you add enough!

Even a couple of hp helps out.

I think the reason the .060" up pistons are now the norm is that all the smaller stock has been used up and places like Egge know that these blocks are now 40 years old and most of them are going to need .060" to clean up.
  So why make and stock smaller sizes?

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV