[Amc-list] Immediate Attention. Act Today

[Amc-list] Immediate Attention. Act Today

Cal Members.
 I just received this. Your 1993 to 1976 vehicle  may be required to have an
annual smog test. We mentioned this  possibility at the last meeting. You have
only   TODAY to email the member of the Appropriations Committee LISTED
BELOW and strongly object to this bill.  (This alert came from  SEMA)

Nolan Dehner
Nor Cal AMCs

Immediate Action Needed!

California Lawmaker Trying to Sneak by a  Bill to Require ANNUAL Emissions
Tests for Vehicles
15-Years Old and  Older
Committee Hearing set for August 28. Call  Now!!!
In an effort to avoid public scrutiny, California Assemblyman Dave  Jones
(_Assemblymember.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
(mailto:Assemblymember.jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) ) has amended a  completely unrelated bill with language to require
annual Smog check inspections  for vehicles 15-years old and older.  This
represents an obvious attempt to  sneak through legislation in the closing days of the
legislative session that  had been previously defeated (A.B. 616).  The new
bill is  designated as A.B. 3053.
While pre-1976 motor vehicles would remain exempt under existing  California
law, this proposal ignores the fact that vehicles 15-years old and  older
still constitute a small portion of the overall vehicle population and are  a poor
source from which to look for emissions reduction.  Furthermore, the  bill
would direct that the funds generated through annual inspection fees be  used to
scrap older cars.  This represents another attempt by California  legislators
and regulators to scapegoat older cars.
This is the type of activity that fuels distrust in public  officials.  SEMA
caught this lawmaker’s underhanded attempt to circumvent  public process and
is now calling on you to help defeat A.B 3053 before it’s too  late.
Time is of the Essence!  We Urge You  to Call the California Senate
Appropriations Committee (List Below) Immediately  to Oppose A.B. 3053

California Senate Appropriations  Committee
Senator Tom Torlakson – Chair
Phone: 916/651-4007
Email: _senator.torlakson@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.torlakson@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Dave Cox
Phone: 916/651-4001
Email: _senator.cox@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.cox@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Sam Aanestad
Phone: 916/651-4004
Email: _senator.aanestad@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.aanestad@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Roy Ashburn
Phone: 916/651-4018
Email: _senator.ashburn@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.ashburn@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Gilbert Cedillo
Phone: 916/651-4022
Email: _senator.cedillo@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.cedillo@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Ellen Corbett
Phone: 916/651-4010
Senator Robert Dutton
Phone: 916/651-4031
Email: _senator.dutton@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.dutton@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Dean Florez
Phone: 916/651-4016
Email: _senator.florez@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.florez@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Sheila Kuehl
Phone: 916/651-4023
Email: _senator.kuehl@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.kuehl@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Jenny Oropeza
Phone: 916/651-4028
Senator Mark Ridley-Thomas
Phone: 916/651-4026
Senator George Runner
Phone: 916/651-4017
Email: _senator.runner@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.runner@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Joe Simitian
Phone: 916/651-4011
Email: _senator.simitian@xxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:senator.simitian@xxxxxxxxxx)
Senator Mark Wyland
Phone: 916/651-4038
Senator Leland Yee
Phone: 916/651-4008

 It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal _here_
(http://information.travel.aol.com/deals?ncid=aoltrv00050000000047) .

deal here.