Re: [Amc-list] Throatless shear

I wanted it for the 16 gauge metal I used on the trough rebuild of my Ambassador.

http://s94.photobucket.com/albums/l103/Wrambler_242/?action=view&current=DonelefttroughII.jpg

Stuff is a bear to cut with shears, or a cutoff wheel.
I still have one side to go.
A plasma would do it, kind of expenive though.

We have a throatless here at work and it does a nice job.
You can cut a straight line pretty easily.
Curves in both directions. etc;
I wanted one for home as running metal back and forth is a PIA.

No, not using it on the boat, Though I have seen Ambassadors called Amboats :]

It's a pretty old fashioned tool, but it does a nice clean job, with zero electric or air power.
Nice and quiet, you can hear yourself think and everything!

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: "Armand Eshleman" <aje1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>