Re: [Amc-list] Brake Dummy Light

Depends on the year, but some are self-resetting, some require removing
th switch (easy enough). It's odd that it happened when you were under
the rear of the car; check for rear brake line leaks, especially that
rubber hose down from the chassis to the axle.

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> Be careful with air shocks on the Ameircan body. More than a light
> boost to level it will eventually cause the bayonet end to punch up
> through the trunkfloor.

Probably any AMC. I ruined them on my 62 Ambassador years ago. 72 Hornet
had cracked upper mounts from someone else's folly. I bolted in braces
in my 63 Classic.

The extra force just flexes the stamped steel mount until it stress
fractures.