Re: [Amc-list] Who knows Renaults? GTA? Ragtop!

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> What parts are available for these little PIA's?
>
> http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___1987-Renault-GTA-Top-Line-Convertivle_W0QQitemZ270264635202

Wow, that thing is like French or something, ain't it.

I know they're in the family, and I try to love them, but...

> The GTA was the one car I remember running like it should. It was not a race car but the 2.0L makes it run like they all should have.

I bet in good shape it performs just fine. It's the same car, but
standards and culture change. I bet it's a blast to drive.

But what bugs me most about the entire post-75 era is, square
everything! Square guages, square headlights (still not down with that),
square tail lights, square fenders, what drugs those guys taking/not
taking? An entire decade of cars designed to be stackable or something.

(However now that we've been in the turd era for as long (eg. cars that
all look like they were extruded by sphincters -- ogive in front to
pinched off back ends) maybe I'd welcome cubic cars back. Nahh, probably
not.)