--------------
Date: Sun, 10 Aug 2008 16:33:46 -0700
From: "Thomas Garner" <Tgarner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Well, I've been telling everybody that my 64 Classic has a 232 engine because my car has the 232 badges on both front fenders.
 I found the engine block casting number on the front driver side of the engine. It is 3170721.

According to www.enginepartswarehouse.com/enginecatalog/AMERICANMOTORS.PDF, I have a 199.

 I'm gonna find a 232 now and swap it. I don't like having the 199 with 232 badges; this is one of the reasons I didn't opt to put a V-8 in it.

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"