Re: [Amc-list] Dexron (or whatever it is these days) maximum operating t

Re: [Amc-list] Dexron (or whatever it is these days) maximum operating temperature?

Is this what you're after (searched for "transmission temperature
chart")? http://www.digi-panel.com/digidevicesweb/trannyoil.htm

Matt

On 8/9/2008 1:38 PM, Tom Jennings spouted this sage advice:
> I've been searching high and low (OK, google) for recommended auto trans
> operating temperatures and I'll be damned if I can find anything. I
> thought this would be easy and obvious, but all I get is AMSoil ads.
>
> I finally (20 years late) stuck a temp gauge on my air-cooled BW m35
> (horizontal casting flange above the pan, siliconed on and insulated
> with a neoprene-foam blanket, best I coudl come up with short of taking
> the pan down) (yeah next time) and I just can't find a temperature chart
> or data.
>
> Anyone have this data?

mhaas@xxxxxxx
Cincinnati, OH