[Amc-list] Interesting 1971 Jav/AMX on eBay

[Amc-list] Interesting 1971 Jav/AMX on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/AMC-Javelin-AMX-1971-AMC-American-Motors-Javelin-AMX-71-AMX_W0QQitemZ120291080155QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120291080155&_trkparms=39%3A1|65%3A3&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245.l1318

This car is very interesting, as it's a 3-speed AMX but apparently with a go-pac
functional cowl induction.  Furthermore, it's an A/C car but with non-power brakes or steering.  Didn't power brakes/steering and a 4-speed come as standard on a Go-pac AMX in 1971?

I also noted the squared-off shifter boot section on the center console.  I've seen a few pictures before of squared boot sections vs. the oval (like mine is on my '71 Jav AMX), but now am guessing a squared one means 3-speed.

Anyway, this looks like a nice car from the pictures but has zero bids at the $20,000 minimum reserve.  Almost worth it just for the uniqueness of these options.

In looking at eBay auction items in general for AMX's, most of them have zero bids--is this a sign of the times given the current slowdown in the economy?

Rod in Virginia

P.S.  My '71 AMX made the "Reader's Rides" section of the September issue of Muscle Car Enthusiast, so check it out!