Re: [Amc-list] Manual trans Bellhousing needed

Re: [Amc-list] Manual trans Bellhousing needed

" From: "Dan Strohl" <DStrohl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
"
" So what clutch would he have to use? I always thought the GM T5 couldn't
" work behind an AMC because the trans input shaft was different. That
" would mean, inversely, that the AMC T4/T5 wouldn't work behind a GM
" engine, correct?

yes, the inputs are different - lengths.  but the bellhousings are
different also.  afaik by that time amc was using 0.590" pilots which
is gm-standard and 1.125" x 10 spline inputs which is also a common gm
size.  the amc sr4 on the amc iron puke bellhousing should work with
the chevy six.  i think either an iron puke or maybe a stock gm clutch
should work.

amc t5s with thw -amc- 4 had a 1" x 14 spline input, but that's a
common chevy size also, even used with some 262 v6s.