Re: [Amc-list] Fusible Link wire gage size

Re: [Amc-list] Fusible Link wire gage size

My understanding was that wire in the fusible link is smaller than
the wire on the circuit it is designed to protect, so the link fails
before the wire.  The Hypalon insulation is designed to contain the
melting wire in a failure, but I don't think there is anything
special about the copper in the wire.

This reference states that the conductor in the fusible link is
usually four wire sizes smaller than the circuit wire.
http://www.autoshop101.com/forms/hweb1.pdf

--Glen