Re: [Amc-list] performance six

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

>    Before I did anything with the navarro block I'd get it checked over for cracks or other issues.
> With the entire block being sleeved it could be damaged, I hope not, but you never know.

Oh yeah, I would never do anything without a full boil out and
magnaflux. I assume too that Barney wouldn't save junk, but he might if
it contained information he wanted...

The sleeving here is odd in that it was to reduce the bore and thicken
the walls. It's quite spotless, thin film of oil and no carbon at all.
The R&D head too, it was run, some darkening, but it was clearly cleaned
and oiled. I didn't really say the extreme level of polish on all
working surfaces.

>    The second reason is all that working and pressure from fitting all those sleeves can distort things clear down to the mains arear of the block along with increased possibility of cracks.

Oh yeah, and this motor if run hard was stressed, it must have run half
detonating all the time.

SC Dyno Sim says that with 22psi boost with a T04 turbo (fairly sure
that was on it) around 500 hp at 6000, torque peak around 4000. Sounds
about right. So maybe the boosts were not the crazy numbers I keept
hearing (the Wally Park museum said 100psi for 750hp!)