Re: [Amc-list] Howell TBI in a 63 Classic...

Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Gee, that sounds so easy..

Eh, it's just work... :-) Probably lots of work, as all things are.

> I've also seen a really cool project board kit.
> It entails a pressure sensor mounted in front of the rad.
> When you get to a certain wind speed it dissarms the fan circuit as it is no longer needed!

A microswitch with a square of plastic on the lever would do it! You
could calibrate it by holding it out the window as you drive... cut
slices off with scissors until it just stops working at whatever
speed... then mount it behind the grille to one side of the radiator.
(If directly in front the elctric fan might turn itself off! :-)