Re: [Amc-list] Fusible Link wire gage size

Re: [Amc-list] Fusible Link wire gage size

Thanks for the input. Since I was told by Frank S the TSM says: "hypalon insulated 20 gauge copper wire only", that helps. I'll either use 20 gauge or possibly 20A, 30A fuse. Thank you Frank, Mark and Tom for your replies.

I did manage to get it running last night. It turns out when I painted the engine compartment I pushed the wiring harness away from the fender which separated the power coming from the starter sol to the harness. It had been re-wired by the previous owner and the fusible link was eliminated. I'll be putting something back in today. It was just a thin gauge wire hand twisted to the power wire on the harness then covered with electrical tape. Worked good for years until I decided to touch it!

Ted