Re: [Amc-list] mpg?

Not real sure what the curb weight is on the American in 69.
I do know that other than the big heavy flywheel I used my car has gone on a diet since it's build.
The 95 4.0L shortblock and head are lighter than a 232.
Ditto for the intake and tube exhaust.
Additions over stock build?
Hmm, lets see.
Seats? about the same.
Tilt column? maybe a few pounds heavier.
Added P/S, but it's runnign the 4.0L pump and aluminum mounting brackets.
Serpentine belt.
+ electric cooling fan.
T5 doubtlessly weights about the same or lighter than a 35 auto. I think it tips the scales at about 75-80 lbs.

Future plans are to change to a close ratio T5 as the gear spread in this one is goofy.
I was thinking of changing to the lighter Wrangler flywheel and starter, not sure now if I will? It has an 10.9" CJ setup in there now.
I have the 2000 up equal length 4.0L intake.
I also have a Borla header.
I am trying to decide if the 8.8" Ford rear axle will hurt too.

Maybe A/C, maybe...

Anyway, when I first got this combo done the front end sta higher than before! It was also boucy and floated some.
Even with new gas shocks it was a little off.
   Not wanting to figure out spring rates etc: I searched out a used set of V-8 Roque springs and installed them with lowering plates. Worke dout about right for my tastes. No need to wait for them to settle in either!

I'd pick a 64-65 if I was to do another. Shorter nose, still take the 4.0L, should be a good choice.
For the four any American will work, not sure if the which body is lightest, but I believe the pre 64's weight even less.

--
Mark Price
Morgantown, WV

From: Archimedes <Freedom@xxxxxxxx>