Re: [Amc-list] Cheap brake conversion

" From: Wrambler242@xxxxxxxxxxx
"
" XJ rotors I have are way deep in the offset. I doubt you could fit them on a drum hub.

not as deep as amc rotors by almost 1", from what i read.

" Mine are 97 so earlier ones may be shallower.

nope.

" What does intrique me is that if the early XJ rotors will fit over the drum hub, maybe they will allow a nice compact disc setup near stock sizes.
"
"    If I get deep enough into the fitting of this stuff I have everything I need from an 82 to mock up a XJ rotor on a drum hub with a 82-83 style caliper! Now wouldn't that be interesting if it would work as the rotor is the biggest issue in maintaining and getting inexpensively anymore.
"    The Calipers were used up thru 89 on XJ's and Eagles, plus YJ's too.

also cjs, with a 5 x 5.5" rotor.

early xj rotors are eagle rotors!  for a few years 2wd models got them
on separate hubs, with #2/#6 bearings!

"   I also have a set of Calipers and bracket off a newer XJ then the 88 style I would like to look into.
" Basically, what I'm thinking along the lines of is whay do we need to swap out hubs if we can find a loose rotor to work.? Loose rotors carry lower replacement costs and we have the drum hubs in place on 99% of the cars and they are useable as is.

the trick is finding an appropriate loose rotor...