---------------
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2008 17:38:50 -0400
From: "Bruce Griffis" <bruce.griffis@xxxxxxxxx>

Okay, I paid a little bit of attention to the header discussion. I
picked up a '64 exhaust manifold for my '65 195.6OHV. The '64 uses a 3
bolt flange to connect to the exhaust pipe. The '65 uses a 2 bolt
flange. I'm sure I could probably find the correct flange for the
exhaust pipe.

Or, alternatively - my original '65 exhaust manifold had been welded
by Tuffy Muffler in '80. Got the receipt from the original owner, lol.
So, I'm guessing a muffler shop could weld it (the Tuffy Muffler shop
has long since closed, but I'm sure someone else could weld it).

But I started thinking it over today, after trying a couple Rambler
places for a one year only '65 exhaust manifold. What about headers?
Anyone know if folks make a header for a '65 American with a 195.6?
They don't have to be equal length tuned headers.

Or is that too goofy for a sedan?

--
Frank Swygert
Publisher, "American Motors Cars"